Thursday, July 23, 2026

Star Gazing 7/23/2026

 Good Morning,

I am sitting upright and enjoying a hot mug of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee and it's time to write. 


Photo Credit Dominick Doyle. 

Last night before I went to bed I let both of our dogs outside for a few minutes to roam around and do what dogs need to do. 

For the first time in weeks it was actually cool outside and the lack of smoke from wildfires to our North enabled  me to see a few stars. I spent some time out there just looking at the stars. It was a good show and the price of admission was free. While being quiet and watching the stars my ears were more in tune with the evening as well. The owl who now resides in one of our bigger trees was hooting and making his presence known. 

When my soul is troubled or I am emotionally drained I tend to gravitate to spending a little more time outside. I see the stars at times. I can hear an owl. I can feel the rain. I can listen to thunder and experience a lightning flash. Or I can just sit and listen to my own heartbeat. 

Genesis 15:5 And the lOrd brought Abraham outside  his tent into the night and said "Look now toward the heavens and count the stars, if you are able to count them.". 

I believe that when we devote time to prayer and reading God's word we experience God and He brings out the family miracles and reminds us just how awesome and powerful He is.

So maybe tonight, if the skies are clear , get out there with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy a  little bit of quiet time with God and His miracles. 

Have  great day! 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment