Good Morning,
My day began with prayer and a hot mug of Door County Irish Cream Coffee. It is time to write.
Today I just want to share my thoughts on favorites. I have said it before and I am sticking to my statement. I prefer spring, fall and winter. Summer is just something to fill the gap between spring and fall.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in it's time.
A few cookouts in the summer and I had my fill of sausages, burgers and chicken on the grill. I have been known to grill out even in the dead of winter. So summer just occupies calendar space for me. I have had enough attacks from over populated mosquitoes.
We tend to eat more cold food in the summer on chilled plates. But for my money give me a serving of hot soup, chili. stew, oven roasted beef roast and oatmeal for breakfast.
We have all kinds of dishes to eat from for any season. But to me everything tastes better in a large mug. A mug tends to old the heat longer and has a handle.
So right about now you are asking yourself, "What is wrong with this clown this morning?" No, I did not bang my head or anything like that. I haven't suffered a heat stroke. I know that this is the day the Lord has made and I am to rejoice over it. But if I had my choice it would be colder as far as the climate goes. I would be wearing flannel and have both hands on my mug of coffee for warmth.
Here's my point for the day. We can do nothing to control the weather. We get what we get and we need to make the best of it. Fall will be here soon and then winter. The mugs in our home as well as the crock pots will be getting a workout. Some of you will be saying, "why doesn't he move to a colder climate?"
Well we can't have everything our way and a move is out of the question now. And then I would not have anything to whine about. So for now. Everything tastes better in a mug!
Know this. You were just prayed for and are loved. So enjoy that mug of coffee and have a blessed day.
Marty

No comments:
Post a Comment