Monday, March 11, 2013

Understanding the Bible 3/11/2013

Good morning,
Monday and the start of a new week. My coffee today is Peanut Butter Crunch from the Door County Coffee Company. It is one of my favorite flavors.

I use study guides quite often when I read my Bible. Many scholars of the Bible have 2-6 versions of the Bible open when they study. One of them might be a Greek study guide so they can get to the purist form of the vocabulary used. There are countless Bible study guides and I do use them and recommend them. I do however recommend another step that should be first.

Love the Author! In order to understand the Word a love relationship is necessary first. Let's see what the Bible has to say about the subject.

2 Timothy 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 All Scripture is God-breathed(A) and is useful for teaching,(B) rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,(C)


Luke 10:27 New International Version (NIV)

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a];(A) and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b


John 14:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 But the Advocate,(A) the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name,(B) will teach you all things(C) and will remind you of everything I have said to you

Now lets take a few minutes to put this together. We must love God, He gave us the Bible and the Holy Spirit is the one who illuminates the Word for us. How do we get there?

John 14:6-7 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am(H) the way(I) and the truth(J) and the life.(K) No one comes to the Father except through me.(L) 7 If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well.(M) From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

Jesus By accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, His gift of sin atonement, allows us to enter into a love relationship with the Father.


John 3:16 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved(A) the world that he gave(B) his one and only Son,(C) that whoever believes(D) in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

You see this is somewhat like an Algebra problem. The solution to understanding the Bible is Jesus. He is the key to the Holy Spirit and the Father. Accepting Jesus leads us to a love relationship with the Author. That is the best way to understand the Bible! Love the Author.

God bless,
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment