Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dunkin and God 3/19/2013

Good Morning!!!!!!!

Rise and shine. Get your coffee on. Mine is Door County Cookie Dough.

Luke 10:38-42     
Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

A couple weekends ago I wrote in the devotional that my wife and I had been working on some muffins for a conceal carry event at our church. What I forgot to mention was that some of them did not survive. They burned and were not good enough to serve. Too many batches died! Although the house did smell good and we enjoyed the night serving God together we were short some much needed bakery. It ended up being too late to recover. I was stressed!

Plan # 2. Go early to Dunkin Doughnuts and purchase four dozen to make up the difference. God had other ideas. I did arrive at the sweet shop on time. Placed my order with a young lady after waiting in line, checking my watch to see if I would be on time.

She asked "are you having a party this morning?" "No" I replied. "We are holding a conceal carry class at my church." I checked my watch again hoping she would hurry so I would not be late.
"Guns and church?" she asked. I explained that we were a Bible based church and believed in protecting our families and doing it legally.  I checked my watch again. I was in more of a hurry now.
She stated. " I should go to church". I knew right then and there that this meeting was appointed by God and I should concede that He did not care if I was on time. He had something for me to do.
She asked, "Do I need to own a Bible to go there? I don't have one."? I replied "No, but you will have one in a minute." The week before a lady was attending a prayer service with me. She gave me a brand new Bible to give away. It was still in my car. I ran out and right back in with the Bible for her. This Bible was equipped to lead seekers to Jesus. I left and made it to church. Guess what???????????? On time!!!!!

Friends, God does not adjust His work to our schedules. We must adjust His work to ours.

Peter 3:15         
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Have a great day. Don't pull a Martha.

God bless,
Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment