Saturday, March 30, 2013

Quiet time with God 3/31/2013

Good Morning Dear Friends,
This morning I am sipping on some Door County Cherry Creme coffee.

I really like Saturdays. This one does not have too much for me to do today. I plan on relaxing in prayer and Bible study. You might wonder how one relaxes by praying and studying. Well the praying will lead me to God's Word. The Holy Spirit will illuminate the Word for me, teach me, correct me, comfort me, or guide me. In that I will know that I am loved because the King will have spoken to me in my kitchen, while in my sweat pants and tee shirt. Now that is resting in the arms of God.

I looked up some verses that might help you to have a quiet relaxing time with God.

James 4:8  Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.        

Psalm 1:2   But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Ephesians 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power.

Isaiah 40:31  But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Go ahead. Time spent with God is always a pleasure, productive and peaceful.
 
Have another cup. Open your Bible and chat with our Father.
 
God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment