Sunday, November 11, 2012

VETERANS Day 11/11/2012

Good Morning!

My coffee cup is filled today with Bigby's Pumpkin Spice. I am enjoying every drop.

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

In America today we honor our Veterans. Those men and women who serve and served to keep our nation free and stepped up when called upon to assist other nations.
I am amazed that this blog is now read in many parts of the world. God is always doing something that causes me awe and wonder. Most countries have armed forces that serve to protect them. I pray today that those who have forces working to keep them safe, secure and part of the free world will thank them also.

I am the proud son of a United States Marine who served in combat during the Korean War. He still displays a flag, says the pledge of allegiance, sings the national anthem with his hat off, despises those who  sing it inappropriately, serves at funerals for those vets passing on, marches in the 4th of July parade and speaks in the local schools on Veterans Day. Dad we are proud of you. I am proud of every man and woman that served and sacrificed so gallantly.

I am writing this with small tears in my eyes. But no one can tell me that I can't write this, and no one is shooting at me while doing so. It is because of those who fought for us.

Today thank a veteran, go out of your way to serve one. I personally want to thank everyone of you Veterans and  let you know that in this home you are respected, loved and prayed for more than you know.

God bless and keep you.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment