Friday, November 9, 2012

Tears in a Bottle 11/9/2012


Dear Friends,
Coffee of the day is Door County Mocha Mint. Comfort Coffee. May your cup overflow with goodness today. http://www.doorcountycoffee.com/  People often ask me where they can get some of the coffee I drink.
    As I studied God's word last night in the peace and quiet of my den, I started to ponder the past week. I wondered. Do we all feel somewhat insignificant once in awhile in this big world? Do we all get lonely from time to time? Do we all experience troubles from time to time?
I prayed and admitted that I get those feelings now and then.And like everyone else I have troubles by the boat load all too often. We probably all have said things like this. "I haven't accomplished anything today." Why am I here." "Where's God in all this?" Admit it. We all have had some of those insecure thoughts. It would be so easy to think that we don't matter. With God running the universe does He really have time for me?
Of course the answer to that is, yes He does. You ask. How do I know? The Bible tells me so!
In the following verse we see that God has our tears contained.
You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?
Psalm 56:8
God knows each of us so well that He does know where we are, what we are doing, and even when we cry. As a manly man, who sheds very few tears and if I do, I do it privately. It is comforting to know that in my deepest and darkest, better and best times I am not alone. So even if God is busy running the universe, He comes to dry my eyes and watch over my wanderings.
God Bless and have a great weekend.
Marty Schutte

1 comment:

  1. Marty- This could not have come at a better time. Praise God for that! On a different note. I pray that the steak feed has a huge turn out of men who will not only leave with full bellies but also be filled with Gods word and a desire to strengthen their walk or commit their lives to Christ.

    ReplyDelete