Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Recipe and Thankfulness. 11/21/2012

Good Morning. Today I am treating myself to a cup of Door County Candy Cane Coffee. I hope your day is blessed and you can be a blessing to someone today.

This Thursday in the United States we celebrate our Thanksgiving Day. A day full of history, where we are reminded to be thankful for our blessings.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; Philippians 1:3-6

It is a custom in many homes just before dining on a turkey dinner, people at the table are asked to state something they are thankful for.

I suggest a different way of doing this. This week vow to yourself to let someone know just how thankful you are for them. Then go so far as to pray for that person for the rest of the week.

In case you didn't know it I am thankful for all of you who read this devotional. Because as Paul writes God has begun a good work in you, and I cherish your fellowship in Jesus. I do pray for you and many of you I do not know. God knows who you are and where you are . I trust Him to hear me on your behalf.

Last night I promised a Turkey Recipe
Here it is.
Any size turkey is just fine.
Thaw and wash the turkey.
Dry the turkey with a towel inside and out.
Place the turkey into your baking pan.
Pepper the outside to your specific taste level.
Place two slices of bacon into the turkey cavity.
Completely cover the whole turkey with bacon slices. Preferably heavily smoked bacon.
Then pour about 12-16 ounces of pure maple syrup over the bacon covered turkey.
Bake until done. No need to baste.
Slice the turkey and place on a platter.
Squirt some of the pan drippings on to the meat.
Serve while hot!

God bless,
Marty




5 comments:

  1. That recipe sounds AWESOME!! So does the recipe for giving thanks and prayer. Love you man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff, you know I will be making this recipe now dont you. I was looking for a new recipe to try this year and I have found it! Thank you for that Marty. And Marty, thank you. For being such a faithful servant to Christ. For all your wisdom. Mentoring. Love. Care. Support. Friendship. And for just being you. The Wolk family truly does think of you as our family member. May God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Guys. We love the turkey that way! We love you guys too!

      Delete
  3. Marty-There are not enough words to express how grateful I am to the Lord for bringing you into our lives. God has used you to bless my family in so many wonderful ways. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Renee. Love ya guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose. Your family has been a blessing to us. Christmas Caroling?? Next week.

      Delete