Saturday, November 10, 2012

Iron Sharpens Iron 11/10/2012

Good Morning,
My coffee today is Door County Maple. Headed out to do some duck hunting and then a nap before church tonight.

I was hunting today with my nephews Nick and Matt. By their standards I am considered old. By my standards they are considered young. Both are teenagers. I enjoyed some coffee with them and a sandwich in the boat. We talked a lot and enjoyed the morning, When I look at these two guys I see the future of our family, country and church. I have many hunting buddies and I probably hunt more than the average guy and look forward to hunting with all of them during the season. But I like to make room for the "future". Many folks tend to look at the younger generation and say " not much hope there". That is truly against what I believe. I believe they are to be mentored and taught. Then give them every chance to succeed. Sooner or later they begin to trust and thinking that you just might be worth listening to. I have learned some things from them and I believe they have been taught a few things too.

Guess what folks? This is Scriptural.

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

If more adults were on Scriptural Terms with young folks there would be less of the "Not Speaking Terms" that we see all too often.

God bless,




No comments:

Post a Comment