Friday, November 2, 2012

Driving Instructions 11/2/2012

Good Morning World!
Friday and I am celebrating with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee.

The other night I was traveling with a friend to another part of Milwaukee that I was not familiar with. My friend  has a smart phone with one of the GPS units that speaks and tells you where to turn in order to arrive at your destination. It even tells you when you have arrived.
Here was this little gadget that we listened to and followed each instruction perfectly.
We never questioned it even one time.

Well that got me to thinking. We trusted a man made machine with our destination and arrival. Yet many of us do not trust the ultimate GPS. God's Positioning System. THE BIBLE
We trust running our lives to our own judgement. Let me ask you this. Have you ever been lost and needed some directions? Of course the answer is yes. We trust others for those directions. They are human also. Or we trust a man made machine to guide our path.
But when it comes to life, many of us want to adjust the directions found within God's word, take a short cut or take our life down a dangerous path. This is contrary to what God writes in

Psalm 119:105
King James Version (KJV)
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

The Bible knows the way for every day, knows the ultimate destination, what it is like and can even tell us where a short cut outside of a life saved by Jesus Christ will take us.

Dust it off, open it up, read it and obey.

God bless,
Marty


2 comments:

  1. Amen marty. When were feeling lost, god will direct us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right as always my young friend. Prayer night 11/17

    ReplyDelete