Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Fish Fry 10/26/2012

Good Evening,
I will be duck hunting in the morning and my coffee will be Door County Cherry. Can't wait!!!

Jesus Appears to His Disciples Luke 24:36-43

36 As they were talking about these things, Jesus himself stood among them, and said to them, “Peace to you!” 37 But they were startled and )frightened and )thought they saw a spirit. 38 And he said to them, “Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” 40 And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they still disbelieved )for joy and were marveling, )he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish,43 and he took it and ate before them.



Well we made it to Friday. In Wisconsin it is a Friday custom for folks to go out for a "Fish Fry". This has been a tradition as long as I can remember. Maybe Friday in your city has a different custom. It might be the local high school football or basketball game and a pizza. Here is my challenge. Let me know what your custom is.

What can we learn about Jesus today? He enjoyed company, meals and fellowship. One of the first things we read about him in His adult life was that Jesus went to a wedding. I am not suggesting we think of Jesus as a "party animal" but rather as our God who enjoys good things and has taught us to enjoy the good things He provides. But notice Jesus enjoyed these things with others. If you are going out, enjoy the company of another person, another couple, or another family. If you have been blessed to do so, offer to treat the other party. If not make it a separate bill night. But enjoy one another. Why? Because Jesus did!

Here is a fish recipe you might enjoy. Take a thumb sized piece of salmon. Place a 1/4 slice of jalapeno pepper on the fish. Wrap the fish and jalapeno with a slice of bacon. Push a tooth pick through the center. Grill the "fish popper" until the bacon is 99% done. Place a dollop of your favorite barbecue sauce onto the popper. Grill for a minute more and serve.

Happy Friday. God bless.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment