Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Depression and Doubt 10/11/2012


Good morning,
My coffee today is Door County Cookie Dough. It is quite delicious. It really goes well with a "cookie".
But man does not live by bread alone. So here we go, hang on and sip slow.

Psalm 139:7-10
Where could I go from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there. If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me.

Many of those that know me could tell you that I believe that I am a manly man. I love to hunt, train dogs, play some sports yet. (even at my age). Most would tell you that I love God and am secure in my faith.
I don"t cry. I have hay fever attacks. I grunt and am often called "old school".

But in all honesty I am just like everyone else. I have fears, doubts, and worries. Sometimes they pile up to the point that I get scared, over worried, and stressed. Well instead of valium, or alcohol I look for something stable. I save Psalm 139:7-10 just for those occasions. I go there and as I read I am reminded that God is with me everywhere - whether I want Him to be or not. This is wonderful truth for those going through rough times of doubt and fear. Some may take a pill to relax. What we really need is a "Gospil".

Have a great day.
God bless,
Marty

Turn to God's Word for assurance during those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment