Thursday, October 25, 2012

Assemble!!! 10/25/2012

Good evening,
Last night it was unusually warm in Wisconsin. We like to say if you don't like the weather in Wisconsin, be patient it will change tomorrow. Tonight the temperatures dropped and it looks like it will be "duck hunting," weather tomorrow. Cold and nasty! My coffee will be Bigby's Salted Caramel".

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25

Throughout my life I have heard people say that they should leave their church for many reasons. It is not too often that I hear the "God called them elsewhere". I have heard, "I am not being fed, the music does nothing for me, the church is full of hypocrites, I cannot relate to the Pastor's messages, the people are not friendly, not enough people my age, or last but not least the building.

I am here to say that  when I hear those statements I begin to pray. Because what I am really hearing is an excuse, and it is only hiding a cold heart. Usually when a Christian loses his love for the members and leaders of a church he or she is rationalizing his or her own poor relationship skills with people and with God.
If our Christianity depends upon the pastor's preaching, then we are a long way from being where we should be. If you do not have a way of life that leads daily to the Well of God you will never be satisfied at any church.
If we eat three meals a day and there are seven days in a week, we then eat 21 meals in a week. Would you sit down and eat all 21 on Sunday and starve the rest of the week? No we would not. Yet many expect to not spiritually feed themselves all week and hope that the big Sunday service will take the place of what they missed all week. If we actually ate our food that way we would get sick on Sunday from overeating. Maybe the food for that day might not be what we prefer. So we search elsewhere.
God called you to a church. Only let God call you out. If you have issues where you hang your church hat it is probably you. We should not forsake gathering together. We gather to bless each other and worship God.
We should ask "God, please make me a blessing today at church". With that attitude you will be fed. It takes the focus off of you and puts it on others. If you desire prayer leave a comment just asking for prayer. Details are not important. God will know, and you will be prayed for.

Dine right!
God bless.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment