Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Conceal Carry 10/23/2012

Good Evening,
Just readied my coffee pot with Door County Cherry Creme for tomorrow morning. I hope your coffee will be as tasty as mine.

Many states in America have adopted "Conceal Carry Laws". This enables a citizen to legally carry a weapon. Many states require the licensee to attend a class in order to carry a gun. Target ranges are full of people practicing their shooting skills.

I was thinking about conceal carry for myself. But in this context,  I was thinking about the spiritual battles we go through each day. A long time ago, even before conceal carry was legalized with a gun I knew that I had to arm myself daily for spiritual battles, I had to conceal and carry. I must admit that I own several Bibles, but don't always have one in my hand. I often felt like a man in a gun fight but I didn't have a gun when temptation, discouragement, anger, depression, disappointments or other spiritual battles came my way.
But how do we arm ourselves for spiritual battle?
Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against Thee.
Memorize Scripture!
When the old Devil sneaks up and attacks, you can draw a mean Revelation 20:15.
Or a loaded Philippians 4:13. Imagine the fear he has when we fight back with the Word of God.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is a living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow and is a discerner of thoughts and intents of the heart.

Arm yourself for the battle and have no fear! Psalm 27:1  The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?

God bless, aim high
Marty

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite ” roscoes” to pack is Psalm 19:14- Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you, o Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

    ReplyDelete