Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Never The Right Words 11/22/2023

 Good Morning,

I am at my desk drinking a large and very hot cup of Door County German Chocolate Coffee and I think it is time to write. 

1 Corinthians 13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 


I received a message early this morning that our friend and fellow church member had passed away. She suffered for years and incurred intense pain with dignity and grace. When her husband messaged me and I called him. I struggled with the correct and best thing to say. At times like these the words that come forth are always hard to find. There never seems that the right words are even enough.

But I do know this. Our friend was ready to go. Her faith in Jesus Christ as her Lord and her Savior carried her to heaven. She is healed now and is not in pain. Her husband of course is resting in his faith, yet he mourns her loss. Her husband and I had a time of prayer this morning and now the coffee is bittersweet. I rejoice in her homecoming, yet I feel for her husband. So as I ponder this day and what I can glean from this, I say to you all, hug your loved ones. Tell them you love them. Look them in the eye and be grateful for them. A look in the eye and those three little words "I love you" are never the wrong words, but are always the right words. 

God bless,

Marty 

1 comment:

  1. A time of joy and sadness, we love Jesus and she is with Him now.

    ReplyDelete