Thursday, November 23, 2023

Be Grateful For Yourself 11/23/2023

 Good Morning,

The oven is filled with a ham that is baking already. The aroma of cloves is filling the house. I have with me our two dogs Leo and Gibbs and a hot cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee  and I am ready to write. 

Psalm 139:13-16 For you formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother's womb. 14. I will praise You. For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 15. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 16. Your eye's saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet, there was none of them. 

Today in America we are observing or you could say celebrating Thanksgiving Day. It is set aside each year as time to be thankful. There will be the opportunity to be thankful for family and friends, jobs, homes, food, health and all sorts of reasons to be thankful. We thank God for Jesus, His Son and how He blessed us with Him and His plan to save souls for eternity. This is the number one reason to be grateful. 

These are all noble things to be thankful for and I cannot dispute them at all. My challenge for the day is for all who read this is to be humbly grateful for yourself. Usually you are on the list of others who are grateful for you. Have you ever considered a world without you ever being in it. Your family wouldn't exist. Or there would be one less at the table. You were made by God and you are a blessing to others. If, in your life you only performed one nice gesture for someone, it would not have happened if you weren't here. You were made to be you and there is none other like you. So thank God for creating you. You make a difference.   Be thankful for you. I know I am glad to be here!

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment