Friday, December 7, 2012

Pearl Harbor and Prayer 12/7/2012


On the USS Arizona 1,177 crew members perished, making it the greatest loss of life on any U.S. warship in American history.

On December 7th 1941 The United States Pacific Fleet was attacked at Pearl Harbor. Thus fully committing the United States into World War Two. We are grateful to those who fought for our freedom.

Good morning, Today I am warming up with a cup of Door County White Christmas Coffee.

It's hard to find many people now that can tell you where they were and what they did on the day that the attack on December 7th 1941 took place. I remember asking my grand parents what happened that they could remember.

They explained that most people sat around the radio waiting for news to come through. They also said that since it was a Sunday most people went back to church and the church was crowded. Many people were there, more than on other Sundays. It seems as if this great tragedy caused more people to seek refuge in God.

Why wait for tragedy to strike? We can make God our daily refuge. You know we are as close to God as we choose to be. I challenge all of you to spend more time in prayer today. Embrace the Mighty Fortress. Be as close as you can be to the Great I Am.

 Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

God bless,
Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment