Thursday, December 13, 2012

How to be satisfied, which brings happiness. 12-12-2012 part 2

Good morning,
Door County Candy Cane Coffee for me. It just makes me want to sing "White Christmas"

Yesterday we looked into the passage regarding Jesus meeting a woman at the well.

John 4:14 But whosoever drinks of the water that I shall give him, will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him, will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.

Today I want to look mainly at the word fountain.

There does come times in all lives that we face great trials and sorrow. At these times do we rush to anything that would make it worse? No. Much of the things we could turn to, drugs, alcohol, wrong decisions, anger, sin, would only add to our sorrow and problems.

But! From this fountain within us, ( the Holy Spirit) which is indwelling gushes up at such a time as that
"Joy unspeakable and full of glory"
1 Peter 1:8

I do travel abroad on short term mission trips. One of our main goals is to provide safe water for those that are traveling on the trips with me.
Where I live we have access to great drinking water. Our little suburb has been rated as having some of the best water in the world. It actually bottles it for sale. I turn on the faucet and clear pure refreshing water pours forth.
But, when I travel I cannot take much more than a bottle with me. There have been days on these trips where the temperatures reach in excess of 100 degrees. It causes me to think about my home town water so cool and refreshing, as I drink a warm gulp of water from a canteen that I still have from the day before. Not fresh at all!

Where is this going?  You see, life brings trials. Life brings the loss of loved ones. Life brings arguments. Life brings disappointment.  But we have a fountain within  us that we can draw on for peace, love, joy, hope, and perfect direction despite what we see. Unlike the faucet I cannot draw from when I am in a foreign land. This fountain travels with us.

The Holy Spirit never leads us to sin or satisfaction in worldly choices. In that, we are on God's page and can find satisfaction with Him. This is available to gush forth.
Thus happiness even during sorrow. Thus happiness with contentment with what we have.
Thus happiness as God leads our direction even during darkest times, we have hope. .
God bless, part three tomorrow.
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment