Monday, December 17, 2012

Connecticut School Tragedy 12/17/2012

Good morning,
Starting my day with a cup of Door County Cherry Creme Coffee.

Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts Him.
Psalm 32:10

It has taken me a couple days to get a grasp on this senseless tragedy  in Connecticut. I have prayed and listened to the Holy Spirit. I have read other blogs, watched the news, listened to talk shows and a couple of sermons on the incident. I see finger pointing beginning towards politicians and gun owners.

I also have heard a cry for us to bring back prayer into the schools. I say amen to that. If this is not another call to change our ways we are more spiritually blind than I thought.

Hang on here we go! Prayer does belong in the schools, senate, congress, and public events.
When was the last time you witnessed a family bowing to pray before eating at McDonald's? When was the last time a church held a prayer service and had to set up extra seats?

Before prayer returns to the nation ( I pray quickly) it must again become the mainstay in our families and churches. I am proud of the guys I duck hunt with. They take out time for prayer each and every time we go out. They pray for safety, their families and others.

We as Christians need to practice what we preach. Don't ask for what you won't do in your area of God's arena.

If you are reading this, please join me in prayer this Tuesday evening at 6:30 PM . Wherever you are we can join together in Jesus through the Holy Spirit. Let's pray for recovery out there. Let's pray for those we do not know that may be contemplating such horror. Let's pray that they find peace in God through Jesus. Let's pray for a spiritual heart surgery to take place in all of us and get back to spiritual basics.  Those would be Jesus and prayer. It's what this nation and world need.

God bless,
Marty

1 comment: