Good Morning,
I am sipping on some hot Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee and it is time to write.
A good friend of mine used to always say "Into every life a little rain must fall"
Psalm 121:3 NIV He will not let your foot slip, He who watches over you will not slumber.
My wife Rene and I and our two dogs were supposed to take a day trip to Door County Wisconsin just to get away and spend some time looking at the fall colors and stock up our pantry with goodies.
Last night on the way home from a meeting the low air pressure warning light came on in my truck. I stopped to put some air into it, but by the time I had driven home the light was back on, indicating we had a "problem".
I tried several ways to think about how we could salvage this much needed trip.#1 was to just take Rene's car. That idea would have had the dogs very uncomfortable by the end of the day. #2 Was to put the spare tire on and then travel without an operational spare in case of another tire issue.That idea was scratched right away. #3 idea! was to just accept that we weren't going to make the trip. I will take the truck in for a tire repair or a new tire. We also looked on the bright side. We were alerted of a problem before we hit the road with two dogs in the truck.
We chose to bite the bullet and stay home, get the tire issue resolved and say that God protected us from a greater calamity.
So wish me well as I air up and head to the tire emporium! Praising God for the warning!
Marty

No comments:
Post a Comment