Good Morning,
I just sat down to a hot cup of Door County Maple Coffee and it is tasting mighty fine. It is time to write.
To seek God's Glory
Is to pray, Let your nature spill forth.
God show us God
Maz Lucado
A couple years ago m wife Rene and I took a self guided tour of the Mountains and parks of the Western United States. To say the least, these two Wisconsinites were in awe of God's Mountain Displays including the wild life.
Each turn in the roads offered another view of His glory. We drove through the scenery and stopped when we wanted to take more in. It is a trip I will never forget.
Back in the day of Moses. After the incident with the Golden Calf, Moses requested to see God's glory. My interpretation of this request was that Moses was seeking a deeper and more intimate relationship with God. Moses was making sure that God in His anger did not abandon the people of Israel.
Exodus 33:18 NIV Then Moses said, "show me Your Glory.
Back to our trip. I recall stopping along a cliff laden road to watch the mountain goats climb the side of a mountain. Once again I was in awe of God's display of glory, power and majesty.
While resting from hiking a little, I sat and prayed a prayer of thanks. Thanks for a safe trip, thanks for friends we visited and to God for putting Himself on display through His creation.
Point for the day is this. Open our eyes Lord we want to see your beauty, love and grace. Thank you God for the sunrise I just witnessed. The sun, the moon and the stars are all yours and you share them with us.
Food for thought. God loves you enough to show you a glimpse of Him through His creations. If at all possible take in as much as you can. And stop to pray.
Marty

No comments:
Post a Comment