Friday, November 13, 2015

Writing The Vows 11/13/15

Good Morning,

The coffee maker is sing a familiar tune that rings out load and clear. Friday is here and it needs to be saluted with a cup of Door County Apple Cobbler Coffee. Salute I will!



Genesis 2:24English Standard Version (ESV)
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

I have been working for a few weeks on a wedding service program for two dear friends who have asked me to officiate their wedding Saturday night. Within the ceremony I am attempting to challenge them and encourage them on this new chapter in their lives. So much could be written and said, and I have completed a full draft of the typical wedding ceremony verbiage. BUT!!!

In all honesty what really needs to be said to anyone getting married is one word. JESUS.

The name above all names needs no introduction, He is the epitome of love, sacrifice and endurance.

Now if I did that and then said I now pronounce you husband and wife I would be shot. But not by the two friends getting married. They both understand that what is needed in a single life is Jesus.The need is the same for two people getting married. The marriage needs Jesus at the center.

So if I were to give them any advice or you any advice on marriage I really should just stand there and say JESUS.

Have a great weekend!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment