Thursday, March 30, 2023

Trimming The List 3/30/23

 Good Morning,

I am running behind this morning and the hot Door County Vanilla Almond Kringle Coffee is  a good friend to me as I venture into this day.

We have a list on a bulletin board in our kitchen. On the list is the name and telephone numbers of people that I feel can be counted on in an emergency. The list was developed many years ago when I started leading short term mission trips. The "List" was made so my wife Rene could call on these folks if something went wrong with the family, house, dogs or her. The list was well thought out as to location, ability, trustworthiness, truthfulness, and faith. The list gets prayed over every year and gets adjusted now and then. It has been a long time since names were added or subtracted. This year the list was adjusted due to changes in lifestyle, and 1 death. Their names were removed and one name added. 

I take this seriously, because I have peace knowing that if Rene would need assistance I can count on them to make good decisions with her, pray for her, and watch over her. 

Psalm 101:6 I will look with favor on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me. He who walks in the way, that is blameless, shall minister to me. 

Psalm 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies. 

I always ask for permission to keep their name on the list. I believe in my heart that these folks would assist her in a time of emergency if I am not around. 

Friends, we know not what each day holds. We at times go away for short periods. Bless your loved ones with a "List". It makes both them and you feel secure. 

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment