Thursday, March 9, 2023

The Sign On A Wall. 3/9/2023

 Good Morning,

Some snow is headed our way tonight and I have a big day of work ahead of me. My mug was just filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee and I am ready to write. 

Back many years ago, when my wife and I were still in youth ministry we would have the teens sign up and we would arrange to take them on a winter retreat. Usually a female youth leader and myself would take them to a Christian College in Northern Wisconsin for three days of spiritual growth and fun. We enjoyed the tubing hills and of all things human foosball. The time spent in study and encouragement was priceless. 

On a wall in the college cafeteria a Bible verse was painted on the header of the dining hall.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 

There is a lot of gusto to this verse. When a truly repentant believer decides to be baptized, he or she is symbolically baptized into the death of Jesus. As Jesus suffered and died for our sins we too must put to death the old self and our sins and live with Christ within us by faith. The life we once lived is gone and buried. 

I read that verse one cold winter day and underlined it in my Bible. A day ago while listening to a pod cast "Verse Of The Day", Galatians 2:20 was the focus. Later while looking for something in my Bible the page fell open to the passage. I recalled the good times spent with the kids at the retreat and this verse just stood out and it was a strong reminder to live a life worthy of someone dying for me. 

The passage hit home like a kick from a mule, right in the gut. I thought I would share this reminder to all, to live the life you have been called to. 

Have a great day!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment