Monday, March 27, 2023

There Was Peace In The Valley 3/27/2023

 Good Morning,

Monday arrived even after I asked it not to. So it is time for me to write and drink a hot cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee. 

Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you and my covenant of peace shall not be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you. 


Saturday night a phone call came in at a late hour from a dear friend of ours. I had fallen asleep and did not hear the phone ring. Rene heard it and saw who the caller was and because of the late hour she made sure to get me the phone. This is a guy who doesn't call at a late hour just to chat. 

Once we got into the call I knew from the tone of his voice that something had happened. He explained that he had checked on his elderly mother and he found that she passed away a few minutes ago. We prayed and he did what was necessary to keep the ball rolling and take care of his elderly father, 

Yesterday morning I called my friend and we chatted. He seemed pretty well put together and you could just hear the strength in his voice. He had a plan to make plans for her funeral and was keeping those plans one hour, one day at time and he was as steady as I have ever heard him to be. 

I quote. I know people are praying for us. God has my mother now and she is no longer old and feeble. God will strengthen my dad and I to get through this some how, some way. 

His voice was peaceful and as I listened to him speak, I found joy in his peace. If you are going through a low valley today, my prayers are with you. My friend allowed God to give him a peace like no other. I pray that for you. Despite the valley, my friend and you are not alone. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment