Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Grateful For The Little Things 3/29/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and next to me is a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee and two lazy English Springer Spaniels. 

To get to my desk I have to climb some stairs as our den is on the second floor of our home. As I was making the trek to the desk with my coffee in hand I recalled a making this trek a few years ago and it was a chore to do so. This morning as I took the stairs one by one I remembered what it was like to simply walk up the stairs prior to having my knee joints replaced. To be honest about it, at that time I was considering moving the lap top permanently to the first floor. 

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father.

But today as I climbed the stairs pain free and basically one two three, I was very thankful for being able to do so. It humbled me to recall a time when doing the stairs was almost impossible without hurting,

Today I am going to try to be more thankful for even the little things, I already have less of a burden on my heart and it feels good to be able to acknowledge God for it all. I have clean scrub clothes to work in at the hospital, they smell nice and not only am I thankful for the clothing, I am thankful for the wife that washed them and packed them nicely for me.  I believe as I look at being grateful and thankful today, I will be less likely to be in the midst of a misery pity party that I have thrown for myself.

I am glad to be here!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment