Sunday, March 19, 2023

Changing My Thoughts? Just A Little 3/19/2023

 Good Morning,

I sat down with a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee in a quiet house and it is time to write. 

Back in 2013 I wrote about "Distractions" It can be found in my blog archives 1/29/2013 for you to look up if you desire. The blog mentions the incident that interrupted my prayer time and blog writing. Our 10 month old puppy (Gibbs) had wandered off in the house and had just trashed a house plant that was freshly watered and there was mud everywhere. I made a statement that I lived long enough to see the world change and as I read the statement the other day I had to laugh.

I am not a big fan of house plants and I said that it did not hurt my feelings to see the plant be tossed out. It could not be saved. I knew however that my wife enjoys her plants and I respect and tolerate them. She will falsely accuse me of killing off her plants when one dies out or is looking sickly. Argh! I do how ever appreciate outdoor plants and the beauty they bring to a yard.

The statement I made and now seems funny to me is this. "I am not a plant lover unless it produces food". Now that they have started making burgers from plants I have to hear my wife say. "I will be busy for an hour, while I water our emergency food crop!" 

As far as burgers go I am a true believer that beef is the way to go and I can tolerate a turkey burger if I have to, but anything less than beef just makes me say "Yuck" You can give me all the arguments on ecology, cholesterol and cow farts you want to and I will not change my mind.

Malachi 3:6 For I the Lord do not change,

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever. 

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever. 

Where does this fit in with a spiritual blog? Well I did have to "eat my words" now that someone can make these greeneries edible.  So I do have to see them as useful food and providers of O2 as well. It's not easy to see things change and I don't usually adapt to change very fast. 

So when I sit down and pray, worship, pour out my heart, trust, and obey my Savior and God. Nothing whatsoever has changed with Him nor will it ever change. This is one thing I will be sure of and can take to the bank and never have to worry about it. I am not sure what in the world will change next, Ice cream from Cow poop"? But as for me and my house we will trust and serve the Lord. 

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods of your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates or other gods, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. 

Have a great day. And, pass the ketchup please!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment