Thursday, March 16, 2023

Psalm 91:2 To Start The Day And Mean it. . 3/16/2023

 Good Morning,

Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee filled my mug today and a Bible verse filled my heart.

Psalm 91:2 I will say to the Lord , "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust." 

Each day brings with it some challenges, hurts, or uncertainty for people. I can recite Psalm 91:2 until I am blue in the face and unless I mean what I say it does me no good. Many people will call on the Lord for refuge of the heart, mind and soul and within minutes refute their own words by saying "I see no hope". Or they turn to the world of booze and pills to help ease the pain of the day. God is there to comfort us and assure us that He is with us throughout the day and it's challenges. Many say the right things and then before you know it, they give up on God.

Basically we say to Him "You are not enough for me." When you decide God is not enough and you decide that He is not on His throne , you are making the wrong choice. Trusting in God who is available 24 hours a day and does not sleep vs a worldly solution to a God sized hurt or problem is just plain foolish.

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment