Sunday, March 26, 2023

Hunt For The Cure 3/26/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a hot cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and my heart is in the right place to write. So let's write. 

Later today I will be traveling about an hour and a half North from our home to pick up a gift certificate. The certificate will be good for one pheasant hunt at a game farm for next fall or the winter 2024. My wife Rene and I are donating the hunt in a raffle basket to raise funds for research and a cure for Huntingtons Disease. In May there is a walk/run being held for the cause. This disease hits home for us as our niece in law has the rare disease within her family. I am not trying to sell the hunt here nor ask for money for the cause. Nor am I tooting my horn to say "see what we are doing". 

We are a busy family and at times it is hard to even get our small family together for a meal. But this disease impacts our nephew's wife and her family. Thus it impacts us. I am writing this today so Lauren knows that her family is in our thoughts and prayers. Her dad has active Huntingtons Disease and we pray for him often and the impact it has on his family. 

Friends, don't always assume someone knows that you love them and care about them. Yes I understand that sometimes you just know you are loved. But friends, it is important to tell them now and then that they are prayed for, and they are loved.  

Don't assume anything when it comes to love. Show it, say it and cherish it.

Have a great day.

Marty

Huntington's disease is a rare, inherited disease that causes the progressive breakdown (degeneration) of nerve cells in the brain. Mayo Clinic .Org

On Sunday May 22nd the 2nd Annual Guzi’s Hunt for the Cure 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment