Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Cleaning Up The Place 3/8/2023

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with Door County Cherry Creme Coffee. The house is warm and I am ready to write.

Psalm 51:10-11 Create in me a clean heart and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11. Do not cast me away from your presence. And do not take your Holy Spirit from me. 


I don't know how it happens but each spring our garage needs to be cleaned out. I surveyed the garage yesterday and this year will be no different. Things just seem to accumulate from the fall until spring. Once again I will be making a trip to the dump with things that need to be thrown away. 

I liken the garage to our lives and now and then we need to stop and survey the condition of our hearts and minds. A quick survey by asking God to create a clean heart within me usually shows what has crept in and needs to go. One would never wash their clothes, dry them, fold them and the put them away with a stack of dirty clothes. 

When we ask God to create in us a clean heart, there is no room for the "dirty clothes of life". Those need to go and be replaced by clean, honest and pure thoughts. 

As Easter will soon be upon us in about a month, now might be a good time to start cleaning out the heart. I find that when I clean out the garage and I debate on whether or not to toss something, I usually find it in my way later just cluttering our garage and it wasn't or never will be useful. 

If you struggle with things of the heart that should go and you debate as to if they are bad for you or not, the fact is this. If you even have to struggle with the thought of tossing it aside, you should get rid of it. 

God Bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment