Saturday, March 25, 2023

Them Dry Bones 3/25/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write with a hot cup of Door County Churro Coffee next to me. I just came in from the outside and we have a spring snowstorm starting to pound on us this early Saturday morning. The coffee is taking the chill out of this old body! It is time to write.

Tonight, Lord willing, if the snowstorm doesn't cancel our Saturday night church service ( I very rarely cancel a service) I will be preaching a lesson from Ezekiel 37. It has been a long time since while watching the evening news that I haven't heard about some murder or mass shooting. It seems that young people are now killing more young people. These kids disagree about something and out come the guns and it's bang bang bang. 

Ezekiel 37-1-3 The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3. He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"

When I look into society, locally and within the world I see dry bones everywhere. I see a cities overcome with crime, and lawlessness. I see wars that should have never started. There are spiritual revivals taking place on some campuses and there are some who would want to shut them down. The dry bones of society cannot come back to life unless the Holy Spirit blows life back into hard hearts of the many people who are driven by violence, cheap money, and debauchery. 

So my question for you today is this. When you look in the mirror, do you see a life that cares enough to pray for the societies surrounding us? Does your life live to promote a God fearing world? Or do you see a set of bones that are complacent and non caring, lacking a true spirit filled life? 

You are either a part of the solution or you aren't. Does your prayer life show that you care about people you will never meet? You can change your status from DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) to Full Code which implies that everything should be done to sustain life. You will go from not caring to being burdened to pray for others which includes the world and the societies we live in. 

Food for thought.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. We the body of Christ are His instruments that are to shine our lights in this coming darkness. The light of Christ needs to consume us so that they will know us by our love. Church arise.

    ReplyDelete