Friday, March 31, 2023

The Storms Had One Dog On Edge 3/31/2023

 Good Morning,

Friday arrived right on time and if I peek over my glasses I can see Saturday coming right behind it. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee and it is time to write. 

Earlier this morning some thunder storms rolled through our area and they were just loud enough to wake me up. I couldn't help but notice that both of our English Springer Spaniels found there way to our bed. Leo the youngest one was glued right to me and Gibbs the old man of the two just came along for grins.  Leo was a restless fur ball and to say the least the storm had him a little on edge. I finally had enough of the rest without any sleep and I got up and made the coffee. I fed both dogs and now they are sound asleep next to my feet on the floor. 

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your anxieties on Him for He cares for you.

Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid I put my trust in You.

Leo just wanted to know that he was not going through a storm alone. He was right next to Gibbs and that seemed to be a comfort to him. They both were very content to be around me, because after all, I am there to protect them. 

Friends, today you might be going through a personal storm in your own life. You might know someone who is going through a storm in their life that just seems to be rolling ahead and rolling over them. We have two choices. If you are in a rough season, turn you cares over to God by faith and know that He is with you and you are never alone. 

The second choice, is if you know of someone battling through a season of despair they should be in your prayers and you can see what can be done to assist, care and lessen the load. Often when God is called upon for folks he uses others to show mercy, kindness, and love. He blesses by sending others. This gives people a tangible piece of their faith that they can see in action. 

Isaiah 40:1 Comfort, comfort my people says your God. 

So the two choices are these. Call out to God and then allow others to bless you as He sends them to you.  Secondly don't pass by someone in the storm of their life without reaching out to them in love, kindness and companionship. 

Food for thought,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment