Saturday, March 4, 2023

The First Response Isn't Always The Best One 3/4/2023

 Good Morning!

My day started very early with a hot cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee and prayer. 

I strive for one goal a lot and somehow, someway, I always fall short of what I think should be an easy goal to achieve. I am thinking that if I could accomplish this one goal, it might be possible to string another day after the first day. Hopefully it could become a positive habit and frame of mind. 

Philippians 2:14-15 Do everything without grumbling or complaining, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars.

I would like to go 24 hours straight without complaining or grumbling. I almost made it last week until I was asked about the weather and in a split second I was complaining about the snow we received. Instead of "I am happy and blessed to own a snow blower. Or that snow will fill the rivers and lakes which have been down on their levels." It just seems that in 24 hours I always find something to complain about. 

I do most of the cooking and now and then I will dig out a cook book and try something new, just to have a variety of meals. While were were dining on a new dish my wife complimented me on the chicken. Wouldn't you know it? I replied with "it was ok, but a little dry." Her reply to me, was "I would bet you wouldn't complain if they just dug you out of earthquake rubble after 7 days in Turkey. I bet this chicken and some water would taste pretty good." 

So today in an effort to grow in my walk, I am trying once more to go 24 hours without grumbling or complaining. I challenge everyone to also count your blessings instead of whining and complaining. 

Let me know how it works for you!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment