Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Planning The Cook Outs 3/21/2023

Good Morning,

I have a busy day ahead of me and it started with study, prayer and a hot cup of Door County Irish Cream Coffee. I could not stop myself from dunking my peanut butter cookie in that coffee. 

Psalm 122:1 I was glad when they said to me. "Let us go to the house of the Lord!"


Spring arrived and with wishful thinking my wife asked me to look at the calendar and not to plan any cookouts without checking the schedule. She reminded me that we have a lot of graduation parties and weddings to attend. Last year we double booked by accident. And once you start changing dates around, the event begins to lose it's gusto. An event without gusto is like taking a shower while wearing a rain coat and boots. 

My point for today is this. While planning out your spring and summer, remember to include in your travels, church attendance. Want to take the gusto out of an event? Skip church to cook brats. I have always said this about options. When God becomes an option, He is really no option at all. 

Another thought. While traveling, pick out a church and be blessed with what they have to offer in worship and messages. In a very small church, you are a blessing by increasing the attendance by two or more. Give their pastor a pat on the back and thank him for the message. Don't forget to continue to financially support your church during the summer travel season and bless the churches you visit with an offering. 

Enjoy the spring and summer with lots of gusto. But don't take a vacation from God. 

Marty

2 comments: