Saturday, March 11, 2023

One Duty For God 3/11/2023

 Good Morning,

I have pair of English Springer Spaniels at my feet, one is snoring, a small fire in the hearth and a large cup of very hot Door County Cherry Creme  Coffee at my side. It is time to write. 

Throughout my life I have used a measuring tape and I don't think I will really ever stop using one. I use it less now, but I still need to see how things measure up when working on a project.

Photo credit Airgas

God doesn't really ask much from us. We are to love Him, and our neighbors. We are to believe that Jesus came from heaven , born of a virgin. We are to believe that He died for all of our sins. He was buried and was resurrected after three days in the grave. Lastly we are to call upon His name in faith and we will be forgiven, and upon our death we we be with Him in heaven. We are to serve Him and be obedient to His Word. 

How do we know how we are doing in these categories and what is a measurement of our love for God and our neighbors.? What is a good measurement tool to use? I believe in setting goals, but goals should always be measurable. 

Hebrews 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise-- The fruit of lips that openly profess His name. 

These lips of ours are a good gauge or measurement on our love for God. We can easily measure our love, obedience and our faith by that which comes out of our mouths. I believe that the second gauge or measuring tape of our faith comes from our actions. Our own words and actions that affirm those words show us just how we measure up. It is a pass or fail. Either you are or you aren't praising God with our lips or our actions. A piece of wood, measured and cut for use, is either right on the money or it is too short. You can't ever be too long in praising God. There is always room for more. 

So my food for thought today is this. How are you measuring up? Don't know? Listen to yourself. What comes from the lips is usually generated from the heart. Your own words can be used against you or for you. Be honest with yourself and change what needs to get in line with God's measuring stick. You can't praise God in one minute and be unkind to a neighbor or family member a minute later. 

Have a great day!

Marty

2 comments:

  1. The last sentence of this blog should and will open eyes.

    ReplyDelete