Friday, October 4, 2019

When The Job Gets To You 10/4/2019

Good Morning,

The day began a little while ago for me and I see the sun is pushing the clouds away like someone peeling an orange. My mug was just filled with some Door County Black and Tan Coffee. It is time to write.


I just retired from work at the medical center a a few weeks ago and to be honest with you I do miss heading in every morning. Most of all I miss seeing the people I worked with. Retirement I hope doesn't last too long. I am convinced that I will find some type of job that is less stressful and less demanding of my time. A steady 40 hour job will still be a retirement for me. I decided that the intensity and the long hours were just too much after 36 years. But I am grateful for every moment I spent serving others and providing my share of a healing environment to those in need of care.

There were plenty of days when the job seemed to be more than I could handle. The days seemed to be 30 hours long and all packed into 16 if you can get my drift here.  Yesterday a very dear friend of mine was having one of those days. On a break he notified me that he needed prayer to sustain him through the day. I prayed immediately as well as his wife. I have news for him though. That prayer started long before he went to work. I was able to petition God for some wisdom and He pointed me in the direction of Scripture. I was led to send my friend some verses he could read at lunch. Later he told me that they helped to sustain him through the long and arduous day. Thanks to God, he made it.

My thoughts took me in this direction. If I had days like that over 36 years of employment and my friend is having them, it it a safe guess to say that other people have stressful jobs that from time to time seem like more than one can handle.

So today I want to share some verses for the working men and women who might need them today or next week.

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous to be moved. 

Proverbs 12;25 Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Psalm 118:5-6 Out of my distress I called on the Lord. the lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side, I will not fear. What can man do to me?

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Friends, I trust in God's Word to soothe souls and ease the pains of a work life. If you know someone who's job has them beat down and tired, Pass this on. Keep it for yourself in a safe place. You just might need it some day yourself.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment