Monday, October 28, 2019

Some People Just Aren't Easy To Love 10/28/2019

Good Morning,

I just poured a cup of Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee, walked upstairs and now it is time to write. I apologize for not writing to all of you yesterday. Due to some unforeseen issues I was unable to get things done in an orderly way which was entirely my fault. Today, I made the corrections and now we should be back to normal.


We can just face the fact that we all know someone who is in our normal path of life who isn't all that easy to love. I am not speaking about that random person who steals your parking space after you have been waiting for it. ( Although that is another subject for another day). I am writing about the person who you have to encounter frequently who just is an irritation to you and if possible you would avoid encountering them all together.

It could be a coworker, church member, neighbor, vendor, or a family member. There are those who adopted you as their best friend and you really had no say in that process and don't have the same feelings of affection for them as they have for you,

But, friends we are commanded by a very serious God to love everyone, I struggle in this area of having very little patience for those who drive me to Crazy Town on a rocket ship going a million miles an hour.  Yet God commands us to love everyone. So since I have been dealing with myself on this issue I thought I would share the 1-800 help line for dealing with those who you don't find easy to love. It is God The Holy Spirit who is here to assist us when loving becomes difficult.

1 Corinthians 12:11 All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions help to all , individually as He wills.

We all pray for a lot of things, but do we pray for help in loving the hard to love? Sometimes it is in us where the problem dwells. We can ask the Holy Spirit to examine us and show us the evil within us and to help us fix it. On the other hand we can  ask for strength and wisdom to see the good in others, especially those who drive us to Crazy Town.  We really have no excuse in not overcoming this lack within us. We have to ask for the strength, power, wisdom and the will to deal with these people and learn how to love them.

Heavy food for thought on this Monday.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment