Monday, October 21, 2019

Only One Answer Please 10/21 2019

Good Morning,

Monday arrived as promised and my prayer plate is full today as well as my cup. My cup was just filled with Door County Caramel Apple Coffee. I finished praying for now and it is time to write.

Matthew 5:37. Let your yes be yes and your no, no. And for whatever is more than these comes from the evil one.

I find these days of political correctness at times to be very confusing. Often when, I ask a question and want a specific answer I get multiple answers that could all be considered correct and I am left to decide what is the correct answer for me. I recently took a test where the any of the three answers are correct. Yet my answer although correct was not the same as the teachers answer, so I was marked as incorrect. The teacher based his answer on feelings instead of the facts. I left there confused. Four things that should never be confused are right and wrong and the other two are yes and no.

Micah 6:8 He has told you what is good, and what does the Lord require of you.  But to do justice and to love kindness and walk humbly with your God.

If something is morally wrong or illegal it is wrong. If it is legal and morally correct then it is right. It is simple as that. We have created too many "Grey Areas".  Then if you say yes is yes let it be. People say one thing and it can be completely understood and then others interpret it this way. " It's not what he or she meant" . No should mean no and that is easily understood. Society has become lawyers who can present any view as correct for "the moment" or the situation, placing no importance on morality or legality,

I recently heard a woman defending graffiti bandits as artists who are expressing free speech in the only way they know how. So taking spray paint and defacing a private building with their thoughts was being accepted even though it is illegal and the art work would be considered vulgar. What are we doing here?

We need to get back to the basics of wrong and right and yes means yes and no means no.

Food for thought,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty, I have seen a lot of the graffiti on railroad property and I must admit some of these people seem to be pretty good artists but they are dead wrong for defacing other people's property. This is just one more occasion to say that wrong is right, it never will be right in God's eyes.
    Ray

    ReplyDelete