Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Tangled In A Check Cord 10/2/2019

Good Morning,

I  poured a small cup of Door County Autumn Harvest Coffee and sat down to a breakfast of bananas and apples.  What a night we had and what a morning it was.

My day started at 5:00 AM.  and it was a continuance of yesterday. Tuesday found me seeing a doctor for an injury to my left foot which finds me reliant on crutches. I slipped off of the step to my truck and caused a soft tissue injury.  Last night was followed up by severe thunder storms and threats of flooding.
This morning I went out in a light but very cold rain. My crutches and two dogs went with me for their outside business, The puppy still needs to be on a long check cord. He has a tendency to run and does not like to always come right back when commanded to. So there we were in the rain and cold, when the little one decide to run a couple circles around me. The checked became wrapped around me and soon my crutches  were packaged with  me. Leo the puppy found this amusing. So he ran harder and my restraints got tighter.  It was only a matter of time before the inevitable happened. I toppled to the soggy ground and I was fortunate not so injure anything worse than it already is. I just laid there for a moment and gathered my thoughts when both dogs started licking my face. I figure they thought they were Olympic judges and had just given me a score of a nine. for my dive. Most of the points were given for being helpless and hilarious. I managed to get back up, untangle myself and  make my way to the door. I was covered in mud and soaked.  By this time my wife Rene heard the commotion and met me at the door saying " we have a situation here". She tended to me. I cleaned up and we fed the two Judges from Springer Land. Soon I was back to bed packed with ice and trying to laugh this whole thing away, It was just then that I heard a scream from the living room. Rene had just returned from taking the dogs back out to finish their morning exercise. When Leo came back in he dropped a big night crawler on to the carpet. The severe rains have forced many worms out of the ground and he must have picked one up on the sidewalk to play with in the house. Or he was bringing Rene a gift, I am not sure what he was thinking. It was just the third act from the comedy of our lives. We have no choice right now but to bear with what has been three rocky weeks and try to laugh when we can. We laughed very hard until my foot was aching.

So to make my point. If possible, try to find the good in a situation and give it a smile or a laugh. Rally with one another and grow stronger as couples.

Job 8:21 He will fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.

Marty

2 comments: