Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Preparing The Car For Winter 10/23/2019

Good Morning,

I was up early today and the smell of the Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee led me right to the kitchen. I always like to hear the sound of the coffee brewing and the aroma it lifts into the air. It is the best alarm clock ever made.

Psalm 5:3 O Lord in the morning you hear my voice; in the morning I prepare for you and listen.

Yesterday I wrote about cleaning out the garage. I tend to acquire clutter throughout the year or years and then it makes for one nice ride to the dump. During my garage cleaning my eyes spotted the snow brushes / ice scrapers  that had been removed from our vehicles for the summer. They will be needed once winter starts to decorate the windshields again.



I took the hint as a nudge to return them to the vehicles, along with the small snow shovels and containers of sand used for traction if stuck in the snow.  We are prepared for the inevitable now.

Friends, we prepare for winter and in some parts of the world, people prepare for the rainy seasons, or dry seasons. Some have to prepare for wild fire seasons. But do we prepare to meet each day before we venture into it?

I suggest that many leave the house and forget to start their day with prayer.  We go out and try to tackle the day, and when all else fails we pray. Prayer should be like underwear. The first thing we put on and never leave home without them. Remember what your mommy taught you. Prayer is essential to greet the day and acknowledge the need for God's presence in our day.  You wouldn't leave home without clothes. Why leave home without asking for directions for the day, protection, and a dose of love? Hopefully this caught you early enough to make a difference.

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment