Friday, October 18, 2019

I Went Down To The River To Pray

Good  Morning,

My dog Gibbs, a cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee, and a small ham sandwich are sitting next to me.

Today finds me for the first time duck hunting this year. I have been quite ill for about 30 days. I am not 100% yet but I was able to float down a river without too much of an issue. To be honest I am not very far from my truck.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call out to Me and I will answer you.

But the draw of the river and time spent with God won out and I am writing from the shore right now.

There isn't much to speak of as far as ducks flying around. But it has been a great time of prayer. Some of you reading this were prayed for this morning. I feel refreshed by not only a dose of duck water. But most of all because of a quiet time in prayer.

Friends, prayer is vital to our communication with God.  It is important that during your prayer time you allow some allowance for listening to God as well as speaking to Him. To truly communicate takes two parts. Speaking and listening. So today as you pray, take time to listen and then obey. It makes your prayer time that much sweeter.

God bless.

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment