Thursday, October 17, 2019

Christmas Ornaments Already? 10/17/2019

Good Morning,

My chilled body is embracing another cup of Door County Bourbon Pecan Pie Coffee as a I write today, My first one was enjoyed while sitting outside with our older dog Gibbs. Once he chased all the rabbits away it was time to come inside. For some reason the cool air chilled \me to the bone this morning.


Psalm 100:4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him and praise His name.

Last night Rene and Iwent to a local store to have pictures printed from our camera and telephones. We, I should say I avoid this task like it is a deadly plague . One reason is this. We already have a pile of pictures that need to be cataloged. I hardly ever go back and look a old pictures anyway. I am always looking forward to new memories. But we did it and out of the hundreds of pictures printed I agreed to two of them being enlarged for framing. I don't mind at all that Rene changes up the photos in our home which are displayed where I can see them almost every day.

One of our customs we practice is to choose a photo of each of of the dogs who joined our family and have it installed on a Christmas ornament. Each year the ornaments are placed on the Christmas tree in our home. Last night we ordered one for the new puppy Leo and it arrive in a couple of weeks. Leo's ornament will join the others on the tree in December. Our Christmas tree is not an organized piece of work at all. Each ornament is a memory of a family member, a trip somewhere, things grandchildren constructed for us or crafty things my wife Rene made.. In plain language it is a tree of memories. Nothing on the tree matches anything else and is when viewed 'hodge podge" at best. The best part of Christmas for me is putting up the tree. I have some somber moments as I recall family members that have been laid to rest  or the dogs that loved us and served us so well. I find myself being thankful for having experiences with family past and present. It feels good.

What does our Christmas tree and my memory lane have to do with all of you? Not too much except to say that the photos attached are memories God gave us to recall and enjoy. We need to always remember to say thank you for the family, friends, dogs, jobs, or vacations we have been blessed with. Thankfulness is what I am asking you all to experience today. You might be very busy. You might be tired today. You might be frustrated today or anxious over something. Take a moment to be thankful for something or someone in the present or from the past and see if it doesn't warm your heart or soften it just a little bit.

Have a great day. You are loved.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment