Friday, October 25, 2019

Seeing Old Friends 10/25/2019

Good Morning,

Friday arrived right on time and  I salute it with a large cup of door County Caramel Apple Coffee. My day started very early this morning and I must admit I am a little groggy as I write to all of you.


Yesterday I needed to refill a prescription so I took the trip to the medical center out patient pharmacy. This pharmacy is located in the medical center where I worked before retiring. I went later in the day to avoid the busiest time at the pharmacy.

While there I was blessed to see some of my old co-workers and visit for a minute or two. It was very nice to see them and I only stayed for two minutes, maybe three so as not to keep them from their work. I remember the long hours and wanting to go home as soon as possible.

My point is this. Once I left the medical center yesterday I stopped long enough in the parking lot to pray for those I chatted with. One has a nasty, nasty cold and the others looked tired. I never mentioned that I would pray for them, I just was led to do so.

When we feel that little push or nudge to pray or act on behalf of another we are being prompted by the Holy Spirit to do so. When you get that urge to intercede in prayer for others do not delay to do so.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. 

Pray on friends.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment