Monday, October 7, 2019

Breathing Air That Hasn't Been Breathed Before 10/7/2019

Good Morning,

Fall hit this morning and the season is most welcome by this guy. A cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee helped me to welcome in some nice cool crisp weather today.

Psalm 23:1-2 The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 

There were days while I was working at the medical center that I couldn't tell you what it was like outside for up to ten hours. I didn't have the time or a reason to go outside. The climate and air flow inside the buildings was controlled at all times for the safety and comfort of the patients and staff. But with hundreds of people inhabiting the space it was easy to understand that the mechanical systems that brought in fresh air and circulated it were just that, They were mechanical systems. Not a cool fresh breeze coming in off of a lake. In some departments where there were many desks I used to think to myself, "I am probably breathing some air that has already been used once."



So when I would get home one of the first things I would do is to take our dog out and let him run in the yard and have a hot or cold drink at the patio which ever one was most appropriate for the climate of the day. It was a luxury to be outside "Breathing air that hadn't been breathed before". Most weekend mornings  find me at the table outside with a mug of coffee or in my truck headed to an outdoor activity. Fresh air just seems to be chicken soup for my soul.

I have read where being outdoors helps to improve the immune system, is heart healthy, good for the blood pressure and supposedly helps in digesting food. So here is my point. It's nice to be at home. We all find comfort in being there, But get outside and see what God has given you to see. Take notice of things, Breath air that is fresh and expand your lungs a little. Let a little sunshine warm your nose or let the snow fall on your face for a minute. Being able to get outside is a gift. Do it while you can.  Enjoy!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment