Saturday, August 7, 2021

You Are As Close To God A You Choose To Be. 8/7/2021

 Good Morning,

I am in a great mood today and I will do my best to keep it that way. I just poured myself a large mug of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee and I am ready to write.

Many years ago when a couple of us took our church youth group to a winter retreat, our guest speaker/evangelist started out with the statement "You are a close to God as you choose to be". Obviously I have never forgotten that statement. He went on to tell the teens about our Loving God who never forces himself on to anyone. In some instances we respond to His invitation and seek Him out. At other times we desire more of Him and we invite Him into our lives. Either way, we control how much, and when we meet with God. It is up to us. 

Matthew 11:28 Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest. 

Psalm 34;4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and He delivered me from all my fears. 

So if you are not feeling all that close to God, the harsh reality is that you control how close you are. 

James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

When we desire to draw near to God, He comes running toward us. 

You are as close to God as you choose to be! Think about it. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment