Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Get Beyond The Hatred 8/18/2021

 Good Morning,

This week is going by fast for me. I am very busy and am wondering if I will accomplish all my tasks and in a good way. I am taking time to enjoy a hot cup of Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee and a couple of breakfast sausages before I head out today.

Ephesians 4:26 "Be angry, and do not sin." Do not let the sun go down on your wrath. 


I have avoided writing this post for a long time. I thought by now some of the political banter would calm down in the United States and both parties would start working together. My hopes were displaced by the continual bashing and at times off target comments, filled with the poison darts of down right hatred. 

People will comment on this I am sure, claiming that they are Christians and they speak the truth. Maybe they do speak the truth, but when it is delivered day after day with hatred fully viewed in the message, it is a bit disturbing. This is a two way street right now. 

I did not vote for our current president. But I pray more for him every day. I call him President Biden because that is his title. I refer to Donald Trump as former president Trump, as I did with former president Obama.  Passions run high in this arena, but as Christians we were and are called to a higher standard.  Maybe it is my age, but when I still encounter teachers of mine that are still alive I refer to them by Mr., Miss, or Mrs., followed by their last name. If they ask me to call them by their first name, out of respect I will do so. 

The standard of love and respect is there to guard our hearts against being filled with hatred. 

Marty


2 comments:

  1. Good point Marty, the Bible tells us to pray for our leaders, we need to remember, they are appointed by Him.

    ReplyDelete