Monday, August 9, 2021

I OWE YOU 8/9/2021

 Good Morning,

Monday arrived, not matter how hard i tried to slam it's foot in the door. So, here we go. Let's do our best to be a blessing to someone today. My mug was just filled with Door County Smores' Coffee and not it is time to write. 

Christians are called to be good stewards of the resources God has given them. He entrusts us with many things. If we lend we should do so with kindness, and if we borrow we should do so with prudence.

"Prudence implies caution in deliberating and consulting of the most suitable means to accomplish valuable purposes"

My wife Rene and I have always committed to wiping out personal debt if we incurred some. We would have been married a year earlier if it weren't for the fact that Rene had a small school loan that wasn't paid off yet. She refused to bring the debt into our marriage and she would not let me assist in paying it off. She worked full time at the medical center, took all the extra call, and worked part time on her days off at a local department store. It was a great day when she paid off the loan in full, six months earlier than expected. 

Now for my point. As I was led to write about debt, I found myself owing a lot of people a debt. 

Romans 13:8 "Let no debt remain unpaid, except the continuing to love one another , for he who loves His fellowman, has fulfilled the law."

Love always gives more than it owes. Our ability and desire to love our fellowmen and our enemies is God motivating us toward this type of love.

I wrote this to challenge others, yet as I examine my heart, I see that I am poor and owe so many love that I have refused to give, because of the way I look at different things. 

I won't tell you what to do hear. Scripture speaks for itself. Sometimes the first step in loving others is to forgive them! I know I opened a can of worms in many hearts this morning. Be good stewards of your money. Pay your bills. Be careful who you lend to. Be kind and love those who are hard to love. 

Go ahead and win one today for God's glory and for yourself.

Marty

2 comments: