Monday, August 23, 2021

Those Three Little Words. 8/23/2021

 Good Morning,

The morning came quickly and after some prayer time and a cup of Door County Highlander Grog Coffee, it is now time to write. 

Everyone knows that I am not the brightest bulb in the package, or the sharpest knife in the drawer and my elevator doesn't stop at all the floors. No need to comment. I assess things very well, thank you. 

Proverbs 16:24 Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul, and healthy for the body. 

Photo Credit Wikipedia 

I do have something to share today that I think some f us need to hear and heed my advice. My wife Rene and I are creatures of habit and most of the time our habits are good for us, and now and then a habit or two isn't the greatest idea. A bad one and I won't preach on this is Rene's justification of substituting soda for water and then suffering leg cramps on a hot, dehydrating day. The girl just never learns. Me, on the other hand, well I have the habit of calling chips a potato and in my mind I have eaten a baked potato. I go on to justify the chips as a portion of veggies. Enough said about bad habits. This dialogue has me thinking about breakfast and how hash browns will be another portion of vegetables.

We do however have a good habit or two, One of the better ones is our daily walk down the "I love you" lane. Those three little words come out differently at times, but with the same impact. Love you babe, or love you buddy, or love you hon gets the same message across. We are fortunate enough to to be able to still say those three important words to each other,

Now for my point. There are those in our life that don't always get to hear that they are loved. In my messages I deliver at church I will often say, "if no one has said I love you to you today, I do". I remind folks to say I love you to others. No one should be left out. After all, we are all family. Family dynamics change and  now someone who heard that they were loved for many years is now alone. Remind them that they are loved and mean it. Make sure your circle of influence knows how you feel. They need it, like a baby needs a bottle. Be part of their life and share those three little words. You might make the difference in their day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment