Thursday, August 26, 2021

Cold In The House 8/26/2021

 Good Morning,

It was a good night of sleep for me and I hope it was for you also. I can smell the Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee brewing in the kitchen and now it s time to write. 

Psalm 28:7 NLT The lord is my strength and shield. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out with songs of thanksgiving. 

For most of the summer we have been in a heat wave and I can't recall a season like this. There might have been a few in my lifetime, but if there were my memory doesn't bring forth any recollection of one. We are blessed to have air conditioning in our home as well as in our vehicles. At night we leave the air conditioning turned on and after the sun goes down the house really chills down. When my body is asleep, I have noticed that the temperature in the house cools to the point that covering up with a sheet or light blanket feels good. Fortunately, a thermostat that can be set to what feels comfortable for us can be set by time and day, to keep the house comfortable for us. 

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart , O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 

Unfortunately, I want to talk about the climate in the homes where others live. I am not speaking of the temperature, but of the emotional meter of the climate within many homes. Many people exist in a home where at best the emotional climate is cold. On a winter day there is nothing worse than coming in from the cold right into a cold house. A cozy fire and a hot cup of coffee is more to my liking. 

It also goes to say, that coming in from the cold harsh world into a home where the laughter, music, and compassion are non existent day after day is not good for anyone. You begin to recall the happier days and wonder if they will ever return. You see no hope, as the glasses you look through are frosted by an iced heart. The cup of joy you used to drink from is filled with slush and it hurts to drink from it. 

I could spend a month on this and offer solutions on how to fix each situation. But with every warm fire it takes a spark deep within the kindling to start a fire that warms you to the bone. 

In all relationships within a home, you control your part. Your heart lacks the spark to light the kindling of your heart, soul and mind. Any hope for a warm hearth of the heart, starts with finding your first love and joy. That my friend starts with walking back to God and renewing the joy He brings. 

Start there and make your part of the home a joyful, loving place to be. I will say this. In the winter when I start a fire, the best place to be is right in front of the fireplace. But soon after the fire starts, it's warmth spreads to the rest of the home. Start with God and you first. Maybe the warmth you experience will move through the house.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment