Saturday, August 28, 2021

Somewhere (A Place For Us) 8/28/2021

 Good Morning, 

No Door County Coffee for me today. Poor Planning on my part caused that miscalculation in my day. But as my mother always said, "do your best with what you have". I had to overcome and adapt to a minor change for one day.

My wife Rene and I were talking about some plans we are trying to hatch for next month to celebrate our wedding anniversary yesterday. I jokingly asked her how many years we have been married, knowing what her reply would be as she said "over a thousand now". 


I hadn't given it any thought lately, but as I was checking my eyelids for cracks (resting) I tried to recall memories of our wedding day. Earlier this week we heard the song we first danced to at the wedding reception. (Could I have this dance for the rest of my life?) I just couldn't recall the songs at the wedding ceremony at all. Last night I did recall one of them "Somewhere" by Bernstien and Sonheim was one that we chose for that day, way back when. 

1 Thessalonians 4;17 Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, so we will always be with the Lord. 

It seemed that even our wedding music choices were meant to cement our vows that we said to each other that day. There have been ups and downs in this life we are still traveling, but one thing I know for sure, at the end of it all, there Is A Place For Us. Because of our faith, I have the peace of knowing that someday, we will be reunited in heaven even though one of us will trod this land alone for awhile. It gives me a sense of knowing that I will walk and maybe dance with Rene for eternity. Waltz across heaven with you in my arms  is another song we often listen too. 

My goal is not to make you think about your demise, but to let you know that with faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, there is a place for us in Eternity and we will be working on 2000 years some day! 

God bless. Enjoy this day.

Marty

1 comment: